The Transgender Clinic is open to all City and County of San Francisco residents. We take Healthy San Francisco, Medicare, Medi-cal, and San Francisco Health Plan. We do not accept private insurance.
Becoming a Patient
- Step #1: Drop in on the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of the month at 2pm — first come, first serve. [more]
- Step #2: Your second appointment will be with a social worker and will take about 1 hour. [more]
- Step #3: Lab work. You will need to come back during the day for fasting labs. [more]
- Step #4: Doctor’s appointment! This will be about 3-5 weeks after your intake. [more]
Other Medical Care
If you are under care of another medical provider, you have two options to continue your primary care with that provider:
- with consultation offered, as needed, from the medical staff of Tom Waddell Clinic, or to assist with your hormonal treatment, or
- transfer your primary care to the Tom Waddell Health Center.